2010.06.27 Tabeguache Peak (#49)

I've been planning to climb Tabeguache Peak at the southern end of the Sawatch range for months, but the weather never seemed to cooperate whenever I had the chance. I even had my doubts this past weekend, when dark, ominous clouds started developing around 9 am after reaching the summit of Mount Shavano.
Devon on the upper slopes of Mount Shavano:
Tabeguache Peak seen from the summit of Mount Shavano:
Fortunately, with the exception of some minor hail and thunder, I made the quick hustle across the one-mile ridge connecting Shavano to Tabeguache and was able to summit #49 on my list of Colorado 14ers.
Tabeguache Peak summit - 14,155 feet; #49 on my list (Photo - Devon S):
Devon and I on the Tabeguache Peak summit:
Only four Colorado 14ers remain on the list, with plans coming together for the finale party on August 7th at the 14,073 feet summit of Mount Columbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment