2009.04.19 Vail Pond Skim

Here's a few video highlights from YouTube of my somewhat-successful attempt at the World Pond Skimming Championships at Vail last weekend. This year's kicker was the biggest I've seen in my 4 years of participating in this event and only got bigger as the pool started leaking. Unfortunately I couldn't find the time (nor motivation) to design an elaborate costume, so I instead recycled my dad's plaid pants and an afro wig into a 70's outfit.
Here's a short highlight video from TV8 in Vail with a better angle (My run is at 2:11): And here's Joel's footage of my run:
I'd like to say that I tried to ride switch out of the pond, but its more that I was carrying way too much speed. Therefore, my backwards crash exit was completely unintentional. As always, an awesome day with lots of laughs and big splashes. A few more pictures from the day: Devon and I in costume:
Devon warms up in the hot tub after an unsuccessful pond skim attempt: Joel, Jen, Megan, Tamra, and I:

Also, huge congrats to Devon, Jen, Megan and Tamra. They were the only girls in the field of 75 competitors. They all straight-lined into the kicker too, carrying much more speed than most guys were comfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment